Monday, March 18, 2013

Nivea Vanilla & Macadamia Lip Butter


Just a quick review of the Nivea lip butter in Vanilla & Macadamia. I think most people might have heard about this product, it was quite hyped too ^^ 

Nivea Lip Butter comes in a tin packaging. It retails for €2.99 here in Netherlands. It's said to contain shea butter and almond oil. 

The Vanilla & Macadamia one doesn't have any tint to it, just a transparant balm. It has a sweet smell of vanilla and macadamia. I think it's a smell worth that price



Even though the smell is amazing, I don't think it does a great job in hydrating the lips. For a product that doesn't have any color, of course you'd buy it for the hydrating quality. I tried it and it felt like it just sits on your lips, not absorbed in. It makes the lips look slippery, borrowing Sheldon's remark from Big Bang Theory ;) 

All in all, I don't think this is worth the hype, but it has a really nice smell if that's your only concern :)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review, I've been meaning to try this but seems like I need to read more reviews. The scent sounds inviting tho! and OMG ANOTHER TBBT FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm obsessed with Sheldon (and Penny) lol <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Ahahah yesss I love Sheldon and Penny too :D

      Delete
  2. I really want to try Nivea's lip butter but sadly they aren't available in indo... i'll try to find them o my Europe trip next month! Hihihi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But Indo has many great stuff Europe doesn't have as well :) It's so hard to find Revlon here in Holland >_< Maybelline, L'oreal and Revlon all have manufacturers in Indonesia that's why they're a lot cheaper there. Anyway while you're in Europe check out Kiko Milano, Sleek, Illamasqua and Chanel :) Enjoy your trip <3

      Delete