Wednesday, April 25, 2012

April Glossy Box


Hi! I'm sorry for being quite MIA for the last three weeks. My family is here for vacation so I'm a bit occupied (happily, of course) you can see the post about them here. Before I knew it, it's the third week of the month already and it means another new Glossybox! I got the notification of shipment yesterday and today it arrived! Yay :) Let's open it together :))


You can tell I'm squealing at the sight of Essie nail polish! This month's Glossybox has touches of pink, on their ribbon, on the polish, even on the included shampoo :) I think they're embracing spring, alright (even tho the weather hasn't been cooperating enough lately)

Same as the first one, my box consisted of five products which are:

Yves Saint Laurent - Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils Shocking in 1 Deep Black
I gotta confess that I have never laid my hands on a YSL mascara. I always opt for cheaper mascara because I thought they worked fine already. So this is gonna be a high-end tester for me ^^ so exciting :D It got a score of 4.0 in makeupalley so I think it shouldn't be bad. This mascara has 6 shades, which are deep black, ashy black, bronze black, sea black, cherry black and jade black. The packaging said that it will give you instant excessive volume. The new slim brush breaks the rules of volume: thanks to its ample helix cut, it lays indecent and spontaneous volume on the lashes. Sounds great! 
This comes in a sample size of 0.06 fl.oz / 2 ml which originally retails for €30.48 / 6.4 ml. So this sample is worth €9.52.
Kérastase - Bain Cristal Shampoo
Kérastase! Cristal Liste is a luminous perfecting shampoo for free-flowing lightweight hair. It's recommended for long and fine hair. I have a thick and quite short hair but I don't see why I couldn't try any Kerastase shampoo :)
This comes in a sample size of 80 ml. Originally retails for €16.50 / 250 ml. The sample is worth €5.28.
Essie Nail Polish in Lovie Dovie
As a nail polish junkie, this is the first item that made me squeal (as mentioned above) and the pink color is so cute! I can't wait to wipe my current manicure and try this :D It gets 4.3 on makeupalley :D I know it's cliché but I think it's perfect for spring, and can be paired up with mint green and soft yellow or lilac. 
It's a full size! And retails for €9.99 / 13.5 ml.
Revitalash Advanced Eyelash Conditioner
This is an eyelash conditoner meant to beautify your lashes, in terms of length and thickness, i suppose. I read great reviews about it and even though I never have thought about getting special treatments for my lashes, I'm excited to try this. This is one of the reasons I love Glossybox, for the random great products you get to try :) I wonder if my lashes will be longer or thicker :) 
This comes in sample size of 0.34 fl.oz / 1 ml which originally retails for €99.95 / 3.5 ml. This alone worth €28.5!

H2O Plus - Spa Sea Salt Hydrating Body Butter
Everytime I visit ICI Paris XL I always found myself staring at H2O shelves and wonder which product should I try first. After two nice body butter/cream from the March box, I think this one should be a good start to try H2O. It's a hydrating body butter in sample size. I would put it in my bag most probably for my hands. It's still dry here in Rotterdam :-/ 
This one is a sample size of 0.5 fl.oz / 15 ml. Originally retails for €20.70 / 240 ml. This sample is worth €1.29 :)

So that's my quick "report" of April Glossybox :D The Essie polish alone already made me so excited. And again it's really a bargain because for €12.50 you get about €55 worth of products to try :) I'm thinking of doing a more thorough review and swatches of the mascara and nail polish :D Hopefully I can manage that ^^ If you haven't signed up for Glossybox, you can do it here :) See you next box! :D





2 comments:

  1. OK I am really impresed with the contents of this one! I havent tried an essie polish yet...i really want to but I keep hearing that the brush is a little thin and I am a fan of big fat, fan shaped brushes!

    I reallly want to try that keratase shampoo. I think I might buy it when it is launched online...I DO have long hair, and do suffer from build up too...sigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have about 5 Essie polishes and you're right, the brush are often thin. I'm surprised that this one has a thick fat brush! I don't know if they just changed it recently or something :) My favorite Essie are Turquoise & Caicos and Playa del Platinum :D oh and also Red Nouveau but I think that's not a must have :))

      Yea this month's box is a nice one, but still some people got a bit annoyed and writing at the facebook page. They got perfume samples instead of the lash serum, I guess that's kinda disappointing ;)

      Delete