Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Chocolate Molten Cake / Pudding



I've been craving for chocolate since the start of this week so yesterday I decided to bake a chocolate molten cake. I remembered there was a recipe at this blog that I found easy and yummy, I baked it long time ago back in Bandung. Unfortunately the owner of the blog didn't have a search feature so I had to look in the archives :) I know it might be the same with the other recipes I could find on the internet, but I didn't understand why I was determined to find that exact recipe. I finally found it, though so I'm gonna share it here, too.

What you need:
180 grams of butter
200 grams of dark chocolate
4 eggs
4 yolks
250 grams sugar
90 grams flour (or 6 tbs)
Muffin tins

What to do:
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚c
2. Melt the butter, dark chocolate and sugar on a double boiler
3. Put together the eggs, yolks and flour in a bowl
4. Add the melted ingredients to the bowl
5. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes, I used a hand blender with a whisk attachment just because it's easier to clean than a full size hand mixer.
6. Pour the batter into the muffin tins
7. Bake for 10 minutes (don't bake for too long or there won't be anything left melting inside)
8. Take out from the oven and let it cool, I let them cool for about 15 minutes
9. Scrape the sides and flip it to a plate, enjoy alone or with powdered sugar and whipped cream / ice cream

Yields 8 servings


On a side note, if you use a silicone mold, don't push this babies out of the molds, because they will break and you end up with a yummy gooey chocolate with a side of cake that you would have no choice but to finish. Happened to a friend of mine *cough*  twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment