Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Fragrance Shopping

This is going to be a short post which will act like a reminder for me about something I would really love to buy ;) 

Lately I have been wanting to buy a new perfume. I have two in my closet that I absolutely love, the original Chloé and Dolce and Gabbana Rose the One. Chloé was the perfume I wore on our wedding day, it holds a special memory for me and I think it's a sweet night time perfume which suits autumn and winter time. Dolce and Gabbana Rose the One is a more floral one (hence the name), still a little sweet because of the vanilla infuse. 


I wanted something new and I've been adding little samples to my purchases so I can try some new scents. Through the little samples I've tried, the ones stood out were Valentino Valentina and YSL Parisienne. I think Parisienne is more suited for my Mom, though, I found it a little too strong :)


A long time ago back in my college years I really loved Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Amande, which is now sadly discontinued. I was looking for something like it, maybe right now you have realized that I love vanilla in my perfume. Yesterday randomly I stopped by Dior counter at Bijenkorf, I have been wanting to try their Hypnotic Poison. I tried it there and fell in love because it smelled almost like a root beer float, if not a little sweeter ^^ Maybe it's weird to want to smell like root beer float, but it's such a nice smell! Then the sales lady told me she has a mini quiz to find which Dior fragrance will suit me best, she asked four questions and the result for me was: Dior Addict Eau Sensuelle, Miss Dior and Pure Poison. 




Compared to Hypnotic Poison, Pure Poison is more floral. I wanted to grab it instantly but the price tag of course stopped me. So I ended up just writing about it here at least to feel like I have something of it ;)


1 comment: