Sunday, March 24, 2013

Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss: 56 Imaginaire and 51 Insouciance




I feel a bit guilty for not posting about these babies earlier. I love these glosses so much that I enjoy wearing it from month to month without realizing that I haven't even wrote about them in my blog :) Yes I'm talking about Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss, such a long name, I used to say Chanel Allure gloss instead. I bought them last year when ICI Paris XL was having a 40% for two products promotion. I pulled my most sensible comparison presentation in front of hubby ;P I got two of them, Imaginaire and Insouciance.

Before I continue, I had to mention that I really wanted these gloss because of Caroline Channing of 2 Broke Girls. The one episode where the girls met Sophie and they trade cupcakes for an Allure gloss. I couldn't get it out of my mind afterwards (and can't help laughing, too).  Okay, just a little trivia ;)



First off, Rouge Allure glosses are housed in a shiny black packaging with gold Chanel logo on top of the cap, and the color and name on the bottom. I think it looks sleek, classic and pretty, but it also means that you can't see how much you have left and have to flip it to see the color on the bottom. It is a little hefty which means it's a good quality packaging, as expected from Chanel.


The applicator is a... how do I put it, double sided doe foot? You can use both sides to apply it, I usually use one side for lower lip and the other for upper lip. The gloss also has a floral scent to it, not too strong nor bothersome, though, just an added niceness.


Here are both of them swatched. On the left is Imaginaire and on the right is Insouciance. Imaginaire is a light pink with a touch of coral, it has micro shimmer in it. Insouciance is a nude with a dash of peach, if you look closely here it has micro shimmer too, but it doesn't really translate to lips.

Imaginaire is sheerer than Insouciance but it's still more opaque than other Chanel glosses like Glossimer, for instance. Insouciance was told to be the most opaque of the selection, and I agree with that. On the lips they look silky and beautiful, doesn't accentuate lines and quite hydrating to use without a lip balm underneath. The staying power is great, about three to four hours without meal, and even after a reasonable meal (considering you don't rub all your food all over your lips ;)) it still leaves a  fairly decent pigmentation. Maybe it's due to the formula being a little tacky.

Overall I'm very impressed with these glosses, I don't enjoy very opaque glosses even though I love looking it (like  YSL Rouge Pur Couture, for instance), these are opaque enough whilst still look fairly natural.

If you live in Netherlands you can find these at Bijenkorf, Douglas, Sephora or ICI Paris XL. It retails for €32 each. 

2 comments:

  1. I always wanted to try Chanel lip glosses but they're so expensive and not available in where I live x_x anyways, nice review! :)

    http://alexandragunawan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too & it's so expensive, I love number 56 :) thx for review melinda (y) xoxo

      Delete