Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Go-to Neutral | OPI Dulce de Leche



I guess I have mentioned OPI Dulce de Leche quite many times so I feel like I need to show it here.

So, OPI Dulce de Leche is my go-to neutral. I have several polishes I'd like to think as nude or neutral but I still love this one most. I first saw OPI Dulce de Leche in an edition of InStyle, recommended by Lauren Conrad. That time I got really curious and wanted to have that polish. I don't have a thing for Lauren Conrad, but I think the name kinda attracted me to it. Apparently, this polish was a part of OPI South American collection.


OPI Dulce de Leche under natural light

When I first got this polish, I tried it on and surprised how it glides so smoothly. I have tried OPI Tickle My France-y which is known to be many people's perfect neutral, I think it is too cool-toned for me even tho I still like it. Tickle is also thinner and runnier than Dulce de Leche, but that doesn't mean that I have problems while applying Tickle. I think Tickle My France-y was a good polish, but in my top neutrals, Dulce de Leche trumps Tickle :P


OPI Dulce de Leche taken with flash

I love Dulce de Leche because it is warmer than Tickle and gives a hint of color (peach) while still being a neutral/nude color. Also because while wearing this, it elongates my fingers, making me feel more graceful (which I am totally not :P). I used to wear this whenever I had a job interview, and also during working days. It is also quick drying. I once rushed to apply this one morning before a job interview and I'm done in 20 minutes. Maybe Seche Vite deserves a shout out for that experience too :)

Since I wear this so often, I am almost ran out of it for now, I had to move the bottle around for this swatch. I somehow think it looks darker now than it used to be, I wonder if such a thing is possible. Below is the swatch I took with my phone almost two years ago. I can say the difference between the pictures now and then was the camera, but in real life I think it looks darker now. Maybe it's my eyes that have problems ;)

I still found OPI Dulce de Leche at my local Sephora, retails for 13.95 euros. And after years, I would still recommend it for easy application, beautiful color and great staying power. Love!

2 comments: