Monday, April 29, 2013

Bourjois Blush in 34 Rose D'or


Having heard that Bourjois actually owned Chanel cosmetics brand, I heard some of their products are cheaper version of Chanel's. Their blush is said to be similar to Chanel Joues Contraste without the €38 price tag. Let's see :)





This blush came in a small round plastic packaging. For something that small, it manages to include a mirror and a brush. The brush is curved to fit the blush's curved surface. The color of the packaging is similar to the blush housed inside. You have to push the little gold button to open the lid which works fine. The brush that came with it is best skipped, but I guess it's an okay attempt. It's too thin to distribute products evenly,  quite scratchy and leaving streaky marks on your cheek that have to be blended with separate brush.

The blush also has a floral scent to it which I think is a nice touch.




Rose D'or is a rose pink color with gold shimmer. I think the shimmer is similar with Chanel Joues Contraste (I only tried one Chanel blush, though;Reflex). It looks a bit over the top to wear during the day (at least for me, maybe because I'm quite heavy-handed, too). Maybe also because I am so used to peach or coral that wearing something even slightly pink made me very cheek-conscious. With this you might want to skip highlighter on your cheekbones cause it would simply be too much. 

Staying power is reasonable, I noticed fading after about three hours. Maybe because the shimmer oxidizes on my oily skin. Good thing it can fit in your make up pouch for touch up during the day.

Bourjois blush is retailed for €10.49 at ASOS. :)

2 comments:

  1. beautiful color :) natural :)

    would you like to follow each other on gfc and bloglovin?
    Invite you to enter my giveaway to win eco bag and sativa bracelet :)
    visit my blog ^^
    www.luchluchcraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the colour........

    please visit back my blog :)
    yuanainer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete