Saturday, March 30, 2013

Too Faced Natural Eye Palette


It felt weird having written 50+ posts but none about my everyday palette. Even though it was long released, I decided to feature them here for once. This is the palette I reached for almost everyday, that's saying much for someone who rarely wears eyeshadow. 

Too Faced Natural Eye palette was released in 2009. It holds a memory for me because I bought it while I was visiting hubby(to-be then) in 2010. I brought it back to Jakarta then back here again almost untouched. I think I started using it more frequently last year. Even now their packaging is already renewed, reducing the thickness and throwing away the (useless) little drawer for the sponge-brush applicator.


Aside from the shadows and applicator, Too Faced included three how-to cards for ideas on using the palette. Three looks were featured and labeled Day, Classic and Fashion. Each card used one row of the shades.


Here are the shades, from row top to bottom, left to right.

Day
Heaven - matte light cream
Velvet Revolver - matte light taupe
Sexpresso - matte brown with touch of grey

Classic
Silk Teddy - satin light peach
Push Up - satin copper brown
Erotica - satin mushroom shade

Fashion
Nude Beach - shimmery light rose gold
Honey Pot - satin gold
Cocoa Puff - satin warm toned brown


Heaven - Velvet Revolver - Sexpresso - Silk Teddy - Push Up - Erotica - Nude Beach - Honey Pot - Cocoa Puff

The matte shades were okay except for Heaven which was a little chalky but not impossible to work with. I use Velvet Revolver and Sexpresso together to fill my brows, Heaven for under it. There was some fall out with Nude Beach, so I hardly use it, it's dented because I accidentally bumped the corner of my blush to it. 

Aside from that, all the other colors perform amazingly. I think the palette as a whole was geared more to warm toned skin, a little on the same page with Urban Decay NAKED palette. 

Too Faced Natural Eye palette is retailed for €32 on BeautyBay, here in Netherlands it's available in Sephora. It's a good deal for three 2 g eyeshadows and six 0.9 g eyeshadows. Single 1.7 g eyeshadows by Too Faced are around €18 so  this palette's original value is around €120. Great deal for these pretty shadows :)

26 comments:

  1. wooooaa, the shimmery colors are soo pretty and pigmented <3
    your blog is reaaally cute, dear. new follower here :D
    please kindly visit mine too at http://brighterdemeanor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thank you for following ^^ I just followed your blog too :))

      Delete
  2. wah kira" di online shop berapa ya :s
    aku mungkin lebih suka yang ini dariapda naked soalnya ini gampang dibawa kemana-mana kalo naked kan panjang gitu hehe

    btw , follback blogku ya :)
    catherine-widjaja.blogspot.com
    thankyou <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there :) kalo di online shop terakhir aku liat di indomakeup.com harganya Rp 398000 :)
      Iya ini lebih pas buat ditaro di make up pouch kyny hehehe...
      Thank you for following, I have followed yours too! :))

      Delete
  3. Babe, i nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award, check it out at : http://www.pinkandundecided.blogspot.com/2013/03/versatile-blogger-award.html :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always want to try too faced pallete but the price is killing my pocket .lol

    Love,Leonita
    www.blackblueblizzard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^^ It sure can seem overwhelming esp considering there are more affordable brands with good quality shadows like NYX and wet 'n wild :D thank you for dropping by!

      Delete
  5. love love looove too faced!!!! the packaging never fails to impress

    xoxo
    Beatrix

    I've followed you back! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes their signature romantic touch is so cute :D Thank you for dropping by!

      Delete
  6. Ahayyy thank you for the review. You have very cute blog..
    I followed youu dear..
    Please kindly visit mine too..
    http://sonya-wonderful-love.blogspot.com/

    Thank youuu

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have nominated your blog for the liebster award. See my post about it: http://brushmeblush.blogspot.com.es/2013/03/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. wahh racuun bener nih postanmu, aq jadi pengeen >..< (pdhl baru aja bli palette)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahah ^^ sukses ngomporin :D thanks for dropping by yahh i'm following your blog back :))

      Delete
  9. I'm really drooling for this over year.. I think I'll gonna pick this up for me :D

    Btw, I nominated you for the Versatile blogger award! http://joveetalee-art.blogspot.com/2013/03/the-versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'd like it :D thank you for the nomination :))

      Delete
  10. I have one, But In summer eyes. I Have To Admit they're great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are ^^ I haven't checked the other palettes though :)
      Thanks for dropping by :D

      Delete
  11. Whoa, finally I can find a review for this palette. So eager to have one, but... still about money... Thanks a lot and would you mind to visit mine?

    Thank you,

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ^^ Of course, can you write down your link please :)

      Delete
    2. http://kamarmelissa.blogspot.com

      Thanks a lot ;)

      Delete
  12. love your review!love your blog...=D
    thanks so much for a nice comment on my blog!
    i also love too faced products, they are awesome..hehe,,

    i am your new follower...=D

    keep in touch!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for dropping by :D I love your looks! ^^ xo

      Delete
  13. Love your review! Really want this so bad but i think its overpriced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) It was a splurge for me to buy this as well... Especially knowing that there are many other affordable nude palettes out there.:))

      Delete
  14. I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. ugolemyavane na penis

    ReplyDelete