Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque


I have chemically treated hair which has gotten drier due to climate and heat styling. Lately I noticed my regular conditioner doesn't work as good, I usually change up my shampoo and conditioner because I haven't really found something that can be considered as HG material. I once loved Schwarzkopf Bonacure Repair Rescue line but I am on the market for cheaper alternatives. This purchase, though, doesn't support that statement ;)


I used to use hair masque once a week but I've doing it more rarely after I moved. I found it a bit fussy to wait for some time with wet hair especially in the winter. But after hearing raves about this product I decided I need it and I realize I have to start paying more attention to hair care again. LuxyHair on Youtube mentioned that she regretted buying the smaller size because she ended up loving it so much so I thought I should just buy the biggest size offered ;P

This masque came in a plastic bowl container with a white lid. I personally prefer a bottle with pump or squeeze tube but Macadamia only offered a squeeze tube for their 100 ml masque. 


The product inside is a very rich cream that has a nice floral scent. Some people said that it smells SO GOOD but for me it's just nice. After usage I found the scent lingered for about a day. 


To use this you need to apply it to clean wet hair (after shampoo, skipping conditioner), leave on for seven minutes then rinse. The directions also mentioned not to use this for more than two times a week. I have to say that it really is amazing. Usually my short wavy  hair got tangled and a bit hard after washing, but with this my hair feels so smooth, light and bouncy. 

I love it really much but I'm not sure I can justify the price. It retails for €32 for 500 ml on BeautyBay, which was the cheapest option I could find. Some people recommended Organix Macadamia Oil and Hair Chemist Macadamia Oil  mask as a dupe but I'm not really buying it somehow. I would, though, try using coconut oil to compare with this. If price is not a problem for you, do get this! It really is a great product :)

1 comment: