Friday, February 24, 2012

China Glaze Sugar High

China Glaze Sugar High is a part of their Up & Away collection back from December 2009. I was a bit late in purchasing this polish, I bought it around last year. From the Up & Away collection I bought Sugar High and Four Leaf Clover :)

I once tried wearing this but I thought it was too bright for the day so I clean it off. This is only the second time I wear Sugar High so I decided to post about it here.

Sugar High in natural light

Sugar High with flash
Sugar High indoor :)

I have to say that I have never own a color this bright in my stash. Sugar High is a bubblegum pink, almost fuchsia but with more yellow undertone. It's créme finish and glossy, quite thick in consistency but easy to apply. I have to say that I prefer OPI brush than China Glaze. With OPI Pro Wide it's easy to cover wider area and deposit enough polish, but CG brush is thinner so it might make application more streaky. In these pics I applied three coats of polish over OPI Nail Envy and finished with Seche Vite.

China Glaze is available online and I can find it in boozyshop.nl for 5.95 euro. I can't find the Up & Away collection there anymore but I think it's still available in other sites.

I think it's not quite the color for the weather these days but I think I need a pop of color in the group of all neutral/dark colors I'm wearing right now. Besides it's close to the color of my go-to cross body bag that I wear everywhere. In addition to that, I want to compare Sugar High to OPI Kiss Me on My Tulips from the new Holland collection. From the swatches I found online I think Kiss Me on My Tulips is more cold toned. I want to make sure so I can decide whether I should get the OPI one ^^

Wishing you lots of sugar your way :))




2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried china glaze yet, but I am planning to buy some nail polishes from their collection as the finish is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! :) They are cheap (at least cheaper than OPI) but with competitive quality. I only have around 4 of them, tho. Planning to expand my CG collection ;)

      Delete