Tuesday, February 12, 2013

ELF Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Baby Lips and Ruby Slipper

Around two weeks ago I went through E.L.F's website and thought maybe it's time to give it a chance :) I searched recommended products at makeupalley and decided to try the lip products first. I got three products, two luscious liquid lipstick and one essential super glossy lip shine.


Now let's take a look at the liquid lipsticks!

So, here's what the website said about these lipsticks:
Lip therapy is here! Intensive hydrating agents along with rich pigments leave lips with long-lasting color and moisture. The Luscious Liquid Lipstick creates gorgeous wearable color that flatters a multitude of skin tones and looks.

That's quite a claim for something that only cost  €1! First off, packaging, they are housed in a clickables dispenser like Stila lip glazes. The difference was Stila's has a brush while this one came in a sponge tip.



The line has 12 colors and I decided to get Baby Lips which was a warm baby pink with slight shimmer and Ruby Slipper, a deeper red, also with golden shimmer.


Here they are, Ruby Slipper on the left, Baby Lips on the right. On my lips, Ruby Slipper translates into a pretty surge of color, not too stark because of the consistency but makes lips look healthy and nice. While on the other hand, Baby Lips is so close to my natural lip color that it's hardly visible. Still it's nice to even out the lip color, I love the shine of these glosses.

On the website, these was listed under lipstick but I think they belong more to the glosses category. I love that they are not as sticky as Stila glazes. They do have similar smell, though, a little minty fragrance. As for what the website said, I don't think there are rich pigments or long lasting color. It stays on for considerable length of time, around 4 hours without meal. What I love most about it is the moisturizing part, it sure is moisturizing and it's one of the few lip products that don't make my lips peel, which is a big thing for me.

All in all, for something that cost €1 this product is close to amazing. You can find them on ELF website. Too bad the shipping cost is around €7, which is more expensive than the products ;) I hope this review helps ^^




No comments:

Post a Comment